Thursday, June 2, 2011

2011-05-30 Spring Creek

Memorial day and the weather was amazing, +90F and not a drop of rain. To bad there was a lack of fish through out the whole of spring creek. Picked up a 2" fish and then nothing. So I decided to head out the paradise and do some wading. There were mayflies around, but really nothing happening. However, I did spot a fish taking something off the surface so I placed my wolf just in front of it and BOOM, fish on. Played him out and back on his way, but that was it for the day. I was hoping that the nursery would hold something, but nope, and then the staircase pools had people swimming in it. However, I did see a really nice brown roll after I cast into a riffle; too much slack may have cost me that fish. After that I decide to get out of the heat, just to find out I had left my cellphone in my pocket and it was now dead. To go with it the sun had done a nasty on my arms.

No comments: