Sunday, May 4, 2014

A box full of flies

It is already almost a month into the new fishing season. Yesterday was the first day I have fished and I have to say the season looks very promising. It got pretty windy in the morning, but we ended up catching quite a few rainbows and one that was big enough to smoke for lunch. Once the wind died down the bite went off and we decided to head home.

Aside from wanting to fish, I have tied up several classic patterns (green highlander, black doctor, silver doctor, blue doctor, blue ranger, durham ranger, and  jock scott) for salmon on mainly size 2 hooks. I did also tie up a size 4/0 silver doctor. These will be used on land locked salmon that I live close to. I was going to make a fly wallet for these, but ended up buying a wheatley fly box.


No comments: